Based on the determined criteria, an investment bonus may be granted to companies investing in Wallonia.
Our sales representatives are at your disposal to help you throughout the bonus procedure.
ON WHICH CRITERIA IS THE AID BASED?
Foreign companies that invest in Wallonia can receive investment aid based on criteria including:
- Investment location
- Activity sector
- Project type
- Company type (SME or large organisation)
- The number of jobs created
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN IN PRACTICAL TERMS?
Investment aid takes the form of a capital grant which is a percentage of the total investment calculated on the purchase of:
- New machines and equipment
- Intangible assets (patents and licences) with a maximum of 25% of the total of the investment programme
According to the European definition, an SME:
- employs fewer than 50 (small) or 250 (medium) people
- has a turnover not exceeding 50 million euros or a balance sheet total not exceeding 43 million euros
- has no more than 25% of its shares or voting rights held by one or several companies that are not SMEs
A large enterprise is one that does not satisfy these criteria.