Launching a start-up in Wallonia is particularly easy thanks to the multiplication of support and financing structures designed to guide young entrepreneurs. Pre-activity grant, business incubator, innovation grant, technological cheques, quality subsidy, employment subsidy, and more, are all measures that will help entrepreneurs in their start-up ("start" aids and subsidies") and development ("acceleration" aids and subsidies) procedures.
Growth accelerator funding
It can often be a real challenge for budding entrepreneurs to find these resources. In Wallonia, they have their own special dedicated tool: WING. This fund, created in the frame of the Digital Wallonia plan, aims to invest in innovative digital start-ups offering true development prospects on the market and a strong potential for growth. It benefits from a budget of €50 million.
The hottest environment to create and grow...
- In 2020, WSL joined the global top ten and European top three of technological incubators”
- The first Chinese incubator in Europe has chosen Wallonia
- The ESA (European Space Agency) business incubator is located in Wallonia : https://spacesolutions.be/
- CELL & GENE therapy accelerator - Brussels South Charleroi BioPark (BSCB), the science-driven biopark at the heart of Europe, has launched a Cell and Gene Therapy Accelerator program to de-risk early-stage research and create the advanced therapy companies of the future.
- LIFE-SCIENCE at its best in Liège: WBC Ventures | Boosting health companies
- ID2MOVE: Centre of excellence on ground, aerial & aquatic autonomous systems with the most equipped and diversified indoor/outdoor test zones in Europe.
...in Europe and around the globe !
Combining the resources of AWEX, the Texas A&M Technology Commercialization, Coway, and TiQ, OWIN® members have executed multi-million dollar commercial contracts through the creation of several joint ventures entry to the US, the European, the Chinese, or the Australian markets simultaneously.
Annual index of the most innovative countries in the world of the German research institute Fraunhofer
2016 innovation scoreboard: Belgium is ranked 7th among the "strong innovators"
Starting a business: Belgium holds 10th place in the global ranking with 4 days needed to start a business (IMD World Competitiveness Yearbook 2016)