Creating an innovative start-up
Launching a start-up in Wallonia is particularly easy thanks to the multiplication of support and financing structures designed to guide young entrepreneurs. Pre-activity grant, business incubator, innovation grant, technological cheques, quality subsidy, employment subsidy, and more, are all measures that will help entrepreneurs in their start-up ("start" aids and subsidies") and development ("acceleration" aids and subsidies) procedures.
Growth accelerator funding
It can often be a real challenge for budding entrepreneurs to find these resources. In Wallonia, they have their own special dedicated tool: WING. This fund, created in the frame of the Digital Wallonia plan, aims to invest in innovative digital start-ups offering true development prospects on the market and a strong potential for growth. It benefits from a budget of €50 million.
The hottest environment to create and grow...
- In 2020, WSL joined the global top ten and European top three of technological incubators”
- The first Chinese incubator in Europe has chosen Wallonia
- The ESA (European Space Agency) business incubator is located in Wallonia : https://spacesolutions.be/
- CELL & GENE therapy accelerator - Brussels South Charleroi BioPark (BSCB), the science-driven biopark at the heart of Europe, has launched a Cell and Gene Therapy Accelerator program to de-risk early-stage research and create the advanced therapy companies of the future.
- LIFE-SCIENCE at its best in Liège: WBC Ventures | Boosting health companies
- ID2MOVE: Centre of excellence on ground, aerial & aquatic autonomous systems with the most equipped and diversified indoor/outdoor test zones in Europe.
...in Europe and around the globe !
Combining the resources of AWEX, the Texas A&M Technology Commercialization, Coway, and TiQ, OWIN® members have executed multi-million dollar commercial contracts through the creation of several joint ventures entry to the US, the European, the Chinese, or the Australian markets simultaneously.
More information ? Contact our Digital Specialists !
Stéphan ERNST DE LA GRAETE
Senior Digital Economy Specialist
T +32 (0)456 20 37 20
Digital Economy Business Developer
T +32 (0)2 421 87 45
Annual index of the most innovative countries in the world of the German research institute Fraunhofer
2016 innovation scoreboard: Belgium is ranked 7th among the "strong innovators"
Starting a business: Belgium holds 10th place in the global ranking with 4 days needed to start a business (IMD World Competitiveness Yearbook 2016)