Logistics is one of Wallonia’s great strengths: ideally located right at the heart of Europe, it offers infrastructure of unrivalled quality. The Logistics in Wallonia centre shows the number of players in this field, while the European distribution centres that have already set up in Wallonia confirm the strategic aspect of this prime location. By road, rail, waterway or air: all modes of transport are available for users, so Wallonia could hardly miss this essential event.
SITL: what does it mean?
SITL (International Transport and Logistics Week) Europe brings together all innovative products and services dedicated to the provision, distribution and supply chains of tomorrow’s world. It forms the largest concentration of transport and logistics users from industry and distribution, all at the service of players in freight transport and logistical-services businesses.
Against this economic background, SITL Europe decided to give pride of place to transport and international aspects for the 2014 edition, which will be held at Paris Nord – Villepinte, from 1 to 4 April.
SITL in figures:
• 800 exhibitors • 40,500 professionals • 80 countries represented • 6000 congress attendees • 80 conferences • 350 contributors • 70 media partners • 350 journalists
Find out about Wallonia at stand P53, Hall 6
A Walloon delegation will be attending, and pleased to welcome you in order to show the benefits that Belgium’s Wallonia region has to offer companies engaged in the transport and logistics sectors. The delegation comprises:
- AWEX (Foreign Investment Division)
- LOGISTICS IN WALLONIA (Wallonia’s Transport & Logistics centre)
- IDEA (Intermunicipal Organisation of Economic Development and Town and Country Planning for Mons-Borinage Centre Region)
- IDELUX (Intermunicipal Association for Sustainable Economic Development in Luxembourg province)
- AUTONOMOUS PORT OF LIEGE
- AUTONOMOUS PORT OF THE CENTRE AND WEST
- NAVIGABLE WATERWAYS BOARD AND INTERMODALITY (SPW)
- HAZGO (specialists in the logistics of hazardous products)
- TECCONCEPT (manufacturers and fitters of truck-cleaning systems)
Diary of events at the stand
Wednesday 2 April, 11.30 to 13.30 hrs: Logistics affinity: cocktail party organised by Logistics in Wallonia, at which providers and researchers into technicological expertise in transport & logistics will get together. To register: http://www.logisticsaffinity.com/
Thursday 3 April. 16.00 hrs: Chocolate break: Join us at a GALLER chocolate-tasting: it’s one of the best Belgian chocolates anywhere in the world!